‘Sounds Digital’ Seeks Digital Music Innovators
London, UK. March 17, 2010 – Sounds Digital, the digital music event, is calling out for innovators in the UK and international digital music space to apply to join the Sounds Digital Lab, which offers mentoring, proposition development and international networking with some of the biggest names in music, technology and business.
Sounds Digital is the result of a collaboration between industry blog and marketing agency The Music Void and X|Media|Lab, the internationally acclaimed digital media industries think-tank. Sounds Digital events employ a three-day format, with the first day offering public Key Note Presentations from some of the world’s leading thinkers in the music and digital media industries. Days two and three are closed sessions, which see the same speakers mentor and develop 14 local digital music projects and companies in the ‘Lab’ format pioneered by X|Media|Lab.
Sounds Digital is seeking 14 digital music project ideas – ranging from internal projects at established companies through to pre and post fund digital music start-ups.
Confirmed International Keynote Speakers and Mentors include:
• Ken Hertz, Senior Partner, Goldring, Hertz & Lichtenstein LLP (US)
• Matthew Hawn, VP Global Digital Operations – Sony Music Entertainment (UK)
• Frank Rose, Contributing Editor – Wired Magazine (US)
• Marcelino-Ford Levine, GM Interactive Content & Advertising – Intel (US)
• Kaiser Kuo, International Business Consultant, Youku.com (China)
• David-Maher Roberts, CEO – The Filter (UK)
• Bob Johnson, VP Music and Digital Entertainment – Planet Ilogica (US)
• Susan Bonds, President/CEO/Co-founder – 42 Entertainment (US)
• Steve Jang, Strategic Advisor at Animoto / Conduit Labs / Pixelpipe / StumbleUpon (US)
• Jason Daponte, Managing Editor, Mobile Platforms – BBC (UK)
• Ashley Head, Chairman – Datacash Group Plc (UK)
• Priya Prakash, Creative Director Consumer Experience – Nokia (UK
• Martyn Ware, Founding Member – The Human League, Heaven 17 & The Illustrious Company (UK)
• Nicole Yershon, Director of Innovation, Ogilvy (UK)
Brendan Harkin, Founder and Director of X|Media|Lab said: “We’re very excited to be holding our first event for the digital music sector in London, one of the best music cities in the world. The Lab Sessions at Sounds Digital will be actively helping to support the companies and entrepreneurs behind some of the most exciting new concepts in digital music, which is an area absolutely critical to the future of the music business.”
Applications for the Lab Sessions, which will take place April 17-18, can be made from today via the Sounds Digital website at: http://www.sounds-digital.com/project-application/
Sounds Digital International Speaker and Mentor, Susan Bonds, President and CEO of 42 Entertainment, the company behind Nine Inch Nail’s “Year Zero”, has participated in previous X|Media|Lab events and says: “The learning, networking, business and creative benefits are higher than any other conference I’ve ever been involved with.”
Tickets for the public Conference, to be held on April 16th, are also available via the website (www.sounds-digital.com) and will be sold on a first-come, first-served basis. Tickets cost £149 +VAT per delegate and are available now.
Sounds Digital will be held at London’s Sadler Wells, a unique venue inextricably linked to innovative dance and music performances. Subsequent Sounds Digital events are currently being planned for Sydney, San Francisco and Los Angeles.