About the company:
The navigation and location based services market is evolving quickly into the wireless environment. As the leading global provider of maps, traffic and location data (digital location content) enabling navigation, location-based services and mobile advertising around the world. My client’s developing its marketing skills and expertise into the Mobile Network environment. Within the Channel Marketing department a position has been created to focus on developing and executing marketing programmes to support the deployment of the company’s customers solutions and products within the wireless sector.
As a key member of the Channel Marketing team the Channel Marketing Manager will work with the Channel Sales team and the MNO Key Account team to identify, get agreement and deploy Wireless Activation Marketing Programs in cooperation with MNOs, LBS software providers and eventually Handset manufacturers (the company as an ingredient product). This role requires someone who has a strong experience in executing such marketing programs for or through MNOs sales channels.
Duties and responsibilities:
• Identify and get agreements from Partners and MNO’s to run Wireless Marketing Activation Programs (in collaboration with local Channel Sales managers and Key Account managers).
• Validate business case develop and ensure deployment of corresponding marketing programmes within the MNO channels.
• Define relevant metrics. Put in place processes to obtain relevant information corresponding to those programs metrics. Where necessary adjust programmes to maximise Return On Investment.
• Develop with the corporate marketing group the marketing tools to support Channel Marketing and Sales activity (eg: customised training guides, training material, collaterals, POS material, messaging for MNO campaigns,…).
• Interpret market research and data on the wireless navigation market. Prepare insight for sales and customer presentations
• Prepare value selling sales presentations related to marketing programs for use across Europe to drive B2B sales of mobile navigation solutions
• Coordinate corresponding activities on a Pan-European basis within the Channel Marketing group
• Manage, track and plan corresponding budgets
• Substantial experience of channel marketing with Mobile Operators or in the Mobile Operator related industry (eg: a partner, or a supplier selling solutions through MNOs).
• Proven ownership of successful channel marketing programs in wireless channels
• Operational marketing experience in at least 2 of the 5 main EU countries.
• Proven successful experience within a fast paced and demanding environment
• Experience in putting together business case for the channel marketing programs
• Experience in POS material development
• Experience in development of training material and train the trainer processes, directly or through agencies
• Experience of agency briefing and managing external service providers
• Either native or bilingual English
• 2nd main European language is a must
• 3rd main European language is a plus
• Top tier Commerce/Marketing/ business school in country of origin
Other Readers also Read: