Job: VP Product Digital Music Consumer Internet
As an experienced VP Product and marketing you will develop the definitive product strategy and supporting plans with specific detail for user and business value proposition supported by market data, defined success metrics and audience forecast, 18 month roadmap, practical resourcing plan, competitive benchmarking as well as a product performance plan. The VP Product must have experience of applying a disciplined approach to each of the areas within the broader product lifecycle.
Success in the role will be measured based on the combination of overall product quality, effectiveness at achieving defined goals in product strategy for product development, delivery on schedule, meeting / exceeding targets for audience reach and engagement, efficient resource utilization, cost management, revenue capability and performance.
Huge push on advertiser revenue and mass B2C acquisitions and retention.
To achieve success in this role, the VP Product will be responsible for leading and managing the following resources:
– Line management responsibility for resources including product management, ux/design, data griot and marketing
– Matrixed responsibility for technical teams
– Work effectively with a variety of constituents including Last.fm VP Technology & Technical Team, Interactive Music VP of Product Marketing, VP Field Operations, Executive Director, Editorial Bureau, Interactive Music CTO
– Collaborate successfully to drive revenue through Advertising by working closely with: International Sales, US National Sales, US Local Sales & US Altitude Group
– Leverage the broader Interactive and Radio organizations in a variety of areas including Marketing, Business Development, Finance, Legal and HR.
The ideal candidate will have experience working in a fast, moving and dynamic environments and should have a track record of success in effectively leading both matrixed as well as directly managed teams. A mix of big company and startup experience is a plus.
– Develop detailed product strategy and roadmaps
– Leadership for Product, Creative & Design and Marketing resources across the group
– Develop and implement comprehensive audience development marketing plan for Interactive Music
– Define and achieve target metrics and milestones for product delivery, meeting / exceeding targets for audience reach and engagement, efficient resource utilization, cost management, revenue capability and performance.
– Beat / exceed Last.fm plan for Subscriptions & Commerce
– Success with partners including Scrobbling, Playlinks, Devices & Mobile
– Partner effectively with matrixed technical resources and raise the bar for output and execution
– Harness the full potential of line, matrixed, corporate and field resources
– Other duties as required by manager
– 10+ years interactive strategy, technical, product and general management experience with at least 2 years in a general management capacity
– Media (Music / Radio / Video) background a must.
– Corporate strategy background a plus.
– Quick learner who can function well in fast-paced, team-oriented environment Bachelors Degree at a minimum
– Strong analytical skills and excellent Excel and PowerPoint skills required
– Must be well-organized and able to work on several detailed projects at once
– Strong verbal and written communication skills including presenting work
– Passion for all things digital
Skills and Experience
The ideal candidate will have 10-15+ years experience and success in industry leading consumer internet / media businesses.
Behaviours & Personality
While not an exhaustive list, the candidate will display the following:
– Ability to define the task at hand and take action with minimal direction
– Enjoys working in a high-growth environment, with all the opportunities and challenges that presents
– Knows that flexibility is paramount to my client, but also can take a stand when its necessary
– Creative, innovative, visionary
– An enthusiastic, positive thinker
– A deeply held conviction in the potential of company, and the action-focus to make this reality
– Strong communicator, open with information, clear and concise
– Prefers to work in a team
– Quickly identifies and resolves problems
– Strong sense of personal ownership
– Obsessive attention to detail
– Prioritization and multi-tasking
– Desire to keep abreast of developments in the industry
– Strong project and task prioritization
– Ability to be hands on as needed
In return you will be taking a board level role in a hugely successful market leader on its quest for global dominance and as so the career opportunity and incentives are huge!