EXCLUSIVE INTERVIEW: Martin Mills, Chairman – Beggars Group
Jakomi Mathews chats to Martin Mills, Chairman of Beggars Group, who talks about his label’s existence through the decades, how the world has changed and altered the music industry, and how independent labels have grown under the recession while the bigger players have made great loses. He also dicusses the day-to-day struggles of an independent label, music piracy and free music, and how trying to be liberal in a mass-marketed world can be tough. The growth in digital media and technology, in particular Spotify’s success in counteracting file-sharing, are also drawn upon.
When Commerce Eliminated Art… (And then the Music Industry)
Exile From Mainstreet – The Rough Trade Experience
The Economics of Making Money as an Artist in the Digital World…
Why Refusal to Engage is No Longer Acceptable
Not All Music Artists Are Big Fat Lip-Synching Social Media Babies
Two New Google Features Could Help Artists Find Fans
EXCLUSIVE INTERVIEW – Independent Musician Jon Gomm
How Will We Listen to Music in 2020?
- Martin Mills – Chairman, Beggars Group
- EXCLUSIVE INTERVIEW: David Jones, Global CEO – HAVAS Group
- EXCLUSIVE INTERVIEW – Independent Musician Jon Gomm
- Exclusive Interview: Ross Fraser, Director AnR – Sony Music Australia
- Exclusive Interview: Anna-Clara Blixt Modin, CEO, StagePool & Ubetoo