EXCLUSIVE INTERVIEW: Ian Rogers, CEO – Topspin
Topspin Media CEO Ian Rogers joined TMV’s Laura Thorne at the Brighton Dome prior to setup for that evening’s sold-out 2011 Great Escape concert with DJ Shadow to bring us up-to-date on Topspin’s latest developments, and share his thinking on the impact of digital and direct-to-fan technologies on the emerging artists of tomorrow. Rogers, who started in music as part of the traditional industry model while working with John Silva, manager of the Beastie Boys, then helped detonate the digital explosion when he joined Nullsoft in 1998 (known for Winamp, Gnutella) and then music software provider Mediacode before becoming GM at Yahoo Music in 2003. In 2008, Rogers – who has a BA in Computer Science – left Yahoo to become CEO of Topspin (founded by Peter Gotcher of Digidesign/Pro Tools fame and Shamal Ranasinghe, RealNetworks/Musicmatch/Yahoo), bringing the technology that has now become the standard for artists seeking to promote their music to the next level in an increasingly diverse and fragmented landscape.
- EXCLUSIVE INTERVIEW: Ian Rogers, CEO – Topspin
- EXCLUSIVE Video Interview: Benji Rogers, CEO – Pledge Music
- EXCLUSIVE INTERVIEW: Rob Campanell – Co-Founder, Blastro Networks
- EXCLUSIVE INTERVIEW: Michael Robertson, CEO – DAR (Digital Audio Recorder)
- Exclusive Interview: Anna-Clara Blixt Modin, CEO, StagePool & Ubetoo