EXCLUSIVE INTERVIEW PART 1: Jeff Smith, Head of Music – BBC Radio 2
Jeff Smith, Head of Music, BBC Radio 2 and BBC 6 Music, joined TMV’s Staff Writer Laura Grivainis Thorne in his BBC office for part one of an in-depth interview Smith – recently ranked #17 in the Guardian’s Music Power 100 list – participated in a Great Escape panel called “Influencing the Influencers” and he is among the select few who determine what radio listeners will hear in the UK. During his TMV interview we followed up on several comments Smith had made during the last time he spoke with TMV in 2009, including the role of Spotify, artist-branded radio channels, current revenue models and – drum roll please – how to maximise your chances of getting your music heard on the BBC. Check back soon for part two and find out about Jeff’s opinion on digital trends in music such as direct-to-fan platforms, the impact of such trends on how artists build their careers and how technology is affecting the music that is produced.
- TMV Video Interview – Jeff Smith, Head of Music – BBC Radio 2 & 6 Music
- TMV Video Interview: George Ergatoudis, Head of Music – BBC Radio 1 & 1Xtra
- TMV Video Interview: Mike Smith, Managing Director – Columbia Records UK
- Exclusive Video Interview: Morgan Donoghue, Global Head of Music – Vodafone
- TMV Video Interview: Mike Walsh, Head Of Music – XFM