Exclusive Interview – Will Page, PRS’ Chief Economist – “Slope of Hope”
Will Page, PRS for Music Chief Economist talks about his recent presentation at the 2011 Great Escape, “PRS For Music presents What Now After MySpace?”, the most influential trends in music today and shoelaces with TMV Staff Writer Laura Grivainis Thorne in part one of a two-part interview held at the PRS’ offices on Berners St., London. Page’s published writings are many and include analysis of the long-tail concept, rights management, P2P filesharing and its many ramifications (his paper “In Rainbows, On Torrents,” produced in association with Big Champagne is well-known). In part two of this TMV interview Page – who received an MSc in Economics from the University of Edinburgh in 2002 – will go on to reflect upon the “holy grail gap” (difference between physical and digital sales revenues) and the state of the music industry, both in the UK and abroad in the context of the broader recession, referring with resolute optimism to the “slope of hope”.
- EXCLUSIVE INTERVIEW: Frank Cooper 3rd, SVP & Chief Consumer Engagement Officer – Pepsi Co Americas
- EXCLUSIVE Interview: Brian Ritchie, Bass Player – Violent Femmes
- Exclusive Video Interview – Michael Gudinski, Owner, The Mushroom Group
- EXCLUSIVE INTERVIEW: Rob Campanell – Co-Founder, Blastro Networks
- Exclusive Video Interview: Rio Caraeff, President/CEO – VEVO