Exclusive Interview: Soundcloud Co-Founder Alexander Ljung
Soundcloud co-founder and entrepreneur Alexander Ljung spoke at the recent Inspire conference held June 2011 at the University of London. While there, TMV’s Laura G Thorne caught up with Alex to talk about Soundcloud’s growing influence as a creative medium for audio production, the ways in which it differs from other sound platforms and how the web is trending toward becoming a “distributed experience” with a varied menu of options for users to discover and explore. Ljung, who was born in the UK, raised in Sweden and currently lives in Berlin, also reflected on how his professional background as a sound designer shaped the development of Soundcloud. By the way, during this interview on the second floor of the University’s Senate House building, Alex – who could quite legitimately be called a modern-day “Prince of Tech” – was standing next to a bronze bust of the late former University Chancellor Prince Alexander of Teck (later known as Alexander Cambridge, 1st Earl of Athlone). True story and quite a surreal coincidence we think.
- Exclusive Interview: Alex Ljung – CEO, SoundCloud
- EXCLUSIVE INTERVIEW: Rob Campanell – Co-Founder, Blastro Networks
- EXCLUSIVE INTERVIEW – Ralph Simon (CEO, The Mobilium Advisory Group/Chairman Emeritus & Founder, Mobile Entertainment Forum)
- Exclusive Q & A: Alexander Will & Henry Erskine Crum – Founders of Bullseyehub.com
- TMV Video Interview: Allison Tickell, Founder – Julies Bicycle