VP Engineering, Nugs.net – San Francisco
The VP of Engineering will be responsible for the development and support of the core application platform for delivery of music and video downloads, streams, and live webcasts. The VP of Engineering will work closely with our CTO and CEO to scale the company’s infrastructure and deploy innovative products and services to our artist clients and our fans.
– .NET development including ASP.NET, VB.NET, and C#
– MS SQL / T-SQL development
– Flash development in Flex using Flashbuilder
– Facebook Application Development
– Architecture and creation of API layers (SOAP/REST/JSON) to extend the core platform
– Architecture and creation of E-commerce systems
– Architecture, creation, and optimization of Caching mechanisms
– Architecture, creation, and optimization of security mechanisms for the protection of streaming and downloading of music files
Desired Skills & Experience
B.A./B.S. in related technical or financial field or equivalent experience
5 years experience as a .NET developer in a a high volume, high access environment.
– MS SQL 2000, 2005, and 2008
– ASP.NET, C#, VB.NET
– API architecture and development with serialization and deserialization to and from JSON, REST, and SOAP
– Application Data Caching Systems
– Flex in Adobe Flashbuilder
– Facebook API
– Security mechanisms for protection of content
– Content delivery network interfacing for downloadable and streaming content (both LIVE and ON-DEMAND)
– Must have excellent oral and written communication skills.
– Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills.
– Experience working in a team-oriented and collaborative environment.
– Must be a motivated and pro-active individual.
Music service provider nugs.net offers a turn-key band-to-fan distribution platform. The nugs.network delivers live music and video downloads, CDs,DVDs, and pay-per-view webcasts for over 800 artists including Dave Matthews Band, Metallica, Roger Daltrey, Phish, Red Hot Chili Peppers. and the nation’s largest music festivals, including Lollapalooza, Bonnaroo, and Austin City Limits Festival. Private label storefronts within the nugs.network include LivePhish.com, LiveMetallica.com, DaveMatthewsBand.tv, LiveDownloads.com, and the free music channel at stash.nugs.net. The nugs.net Appetizer allows bands to sell last night’s show to their fans directly in their Facebook news feed. Apple’s iTunes Music Store features recent nugs.net releases at itunes.com/LiveStash and nugs.net’s award-winning iOS apps for Metallica and Phish are featured in the Live Music section of iTunes. Nugs.net founder Brad Serling hosts a weekly radio show on SiriusXM Jam On featuring the week in live music, cherry picked from the nugs.net catalog.