VP Digital Marketing – UMG (LA)
Universal Music Enterprises (UMe), a division of the Universal Music Group (UMG), is presently seeking a Vice President of Digital Marketing in the company’s Santa Monica, CA location.
UMe is the centralized catalog marketing division for the Universal Music Group, the world’s largest music company. UMe spearheads marketing, sales, licensing, and ancillary exploitation for the world’s largest music catalog, whose brands and assets include the world’s greatest recording artists.
The VP will provide digital vision and strategy for the label group, including brand management, eCRM, D2C, web properties, social networking, and digital marketing. The ideal candidate thinks strategically about opportunities, as well as challenges.
• Business and product development, identifying untapped digital revenue streams
• Liaise with UMG corporate digital board, and other top executives at the corporate level, while exchanging ideas with digital heads at domestic and global pop labels
• Execute best practices at the label for new ventures from corporate and group level
• Manage digital brands for entire UMG catalog of artists, including both active and legacy artists
UMe offers competitive compensation and benefits.
Desired Skills & Experience
• Ability to think strategically about business challenges and opportunities
• Experience working with marketing teams
• Online marketing experience
• Strong organizational and project management skills
• Strong leadership skills and the ability to work with other executives to develop and execute strategic projects
• Creative and business acumen
• Excellent writing, communication and presentation skills
Universal Music Group (UMG) is the world’s leading music company and is comprised of two core businesses: recorded music and music publishing. The company discovers, develops, markets and distributes recorded music through a network of subsidiaries, joint ventures and licensees in 77 countries, representing 98% of the music market. UMG also sells and distributes music video and DVD products, and licenses recordings, encouraging the legal distribution of music online and over cellular, cable and satellite networks. UMG includes Universal Music Latin Entertainment, the world’s leading Latin music company. UMG’s publishing company, Universal Music Publishing Group, is the world’s leading publishing business; it owns and acquires rights to musical compositions and licenses them for use in recordings and related uses, such as films and advertisements. UMG also includes Bravado, its merchandising company, and Twenty-First Artists, its full service management division; and Helter Skelter, its live music agency. Universal Music Group International is the division that manages UMG’s businesses in countries outside of North America. Record Labels UMG’s strength and legacy of music flows from a diverse family of record labels which include: A&M/Octone, Barclay, Decca, Deutsche Grammophon, Disa, ECM, Emarcy, Fonovisa, Interscope Geffen A&M Records, Island Def Jam Music Group, Machete Music, Mercury Records, Philips, Polydor Records, Universal Motown Republic Group, Universal Music Latino, Universal Music Group Nashville (which includes Lost Highway, MCA Nashville and Mercury Nashville), Universal Records South, and Verve Music Group.