Vice President, MTV Communications – Viacom (NYC)
MTV is seeking a Vice President, Communications based out of our NYC Headquarters. The successful candidate will partner with group EVP and senior network leadership to develop and execute high-impact, strategic communications programs, as well as oversee day-to-day activities of high-volume press operation. Areas of oversight include research and ratings, public affairs, MTV’s college network – mtvU, MTV2, digital channels MTV Hits and Jams, Program Enterprise initiatives (new business ventures and partnerships connected to the MTV brand), content syndication, speaking engagements for key executives and internal communications. This position will work closely with the EVP to effectively lead the MTV press team, helping drive program publicity efforts and digital communications for MTV and all its relevant screens as part of overall brand management. In addition, this position will work closely with the President of MTV and his senior team on various communications initiatives, including internal communications.
• Minimum 8-10 years PR experience in corporate communications, public relations and/or media relations.
• Must have extensive business and or/corporate experience in understanding the media industry and its mechanics including ad sales, affiliate relations, programming, marketing and digital content, particularly in the music and entertainment areas.
• BA Required.
• Must have proven ability to handle numerous projects and issues at once, be detail oriented and be an effective leader.
• Extensive management experience an absolute necessity.
• Solid background in working with music, trade, consumer and business media.
• Excellent writing skills and oral communication with the ability to easily establish new relationships with the media, as well as company executives.
• Proven record of success and established media references required.
Desired Skills & Experience
• Experience in political media.
Viacom connects with our diverse audiences everywhere they are. As a leading global entertainment content company, we know what our viewers want and proudly deliver it across the globe through television, motion pictures and a wide range of digital media. Media Networks includes favorites like BET, MTV, VH1, Nickelodeon, Nick at Nite, COMEDY CENTRAL, Centric, CMT, Spike, TV Land, Logo and more than 160 networks around the world. In addition, digital assets such as Neopets, Addicting Games, BET.com and Quizilla offer compelling and interactive content, providing an even deeper connection with our devoted and focused demographics. Paramount Pictures Corporation offers audiences access to a huge library of top films through brands like Paramount Pictures, Paramount Insurge, MTV Films, Nickelodeon Movies and Paramount Home Entertainment. Fueled by our world-class brands, Viacom serves an ever-growing population of kids, tweens, teens and adults who want their favorite media and entertainment, 24/7